Support Engineers play a key role in managing the company’s relationships with our partners and their resellers and customers. Our team of 1st Line Support Engineers handle day-to-day issues but are backed-up by our 2nd Line team for more complex or unusual faults or issues. They will also assist in managing technical product and project delivery.
2nd Line Support Engineers will liaise with partners and internal engineering resources to identify and fix faults in a timely fashion, and will assist delivery functions in rolling out new products and services.
The role would suit an existing VoIP engineer who would like to work with an exciting new product or an experienced PBX engineer wishing to move from legacy products to hosted VoIP.
Second Line Support Engineer, typical day to day responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Managing assigned tickets
- Trouble-shooting and technical analysis to determine the cause of faults
- Liaison with partners either directly or via 1st line support to provide updates on faults
- Liaison with other engineering support within Boom for more complex faults
- Providing technical assistance for project delivery
- Involvement in future developments of future products and services
- Guiding and mentoring 1st line support engineers
Second Line Support Engineer, Skills (one or more of the following)
- Hosted VoIP or PBX experience
- Knowledge of SIP and ability to read traces
- Knowledge of handset provisioning (e.g. Yealink, Poly etc)
- Understanding of APIs, databases and software development
- Experience of PortaOne
- Understanding and/or experience of number management and number porting
- Good technical background
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Experience of customer management
- Logical approach to work
- Good organisational skills, ability to work unsupervised
What’s on Offer
- Competitive pay – up to £30K (dependent on experience) + benefits
- Be a key part of a market leading technical solution
- Opportunity to learn in a supportive and productive environment
- Be part of an international team
- Flexibility to work from home and/or in our Leeds office
- We would consider part-time or job share roles
How to apply
You can apply for this role by dropping a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Regards, The Boom Team.