We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to produce and implement functional software solutions. You will be working for a Telecommunications Solution provider with ambitious growth plans.
In this role, you should be able to work independently with little supervision. You should have excellent organisation and problem-solving skills. If you also have hands-on experience in test driven development and agile methodologies, we’d like to meet you.
Senior Software Engineer, typical day to day responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Develop, design and implement scalable, high-quality software.
- Identify, prioritise and execute tasks in the software development life cycle.
- Mentor / coach development team as necessary.
- Test first approach to continuously improve code quality and efficiency.
- Troubleshoot and debug distributed systems.
- Be an agent of change moving towards DevSecOps and Infrastructure as Code.
- Collaborate with internal teams, vendors and customers to fix and improve products.
- Document development phases and implement automated monitoring.
- Ensure software is up to date with latest technologies.
Senior Software Engineer, Required Skills
- Proven experience as a Senior Software Engineer.
- Extensive experience in test driven development, technical architecture and delivery.
- Demonstrable experience of secure by design principle.
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (ideally MySQL) and documents databases.
- Containerised applications and relevant container orchestration tools.
- Good understanding of DevSecOps process.
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Having a hands-on experience developing cloud-based solutions using AWS, Azure or Kubernetes or other PaaS alternatives.
- Analytical mind with problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills.
Senior Software Engineer, Desired Skills
- Knowledge of web component architecture and frameworks.
- Familiar with Python.
- Exposure to Terraform or other IaC frameworks.
- Experience building Helm charts as well as different application packaging systems.
- Knowledge of code quality and security scanning tools.
- Azure DevOps or TeamCity / Octopus Deploy.
- Experience using system monitoring tools and automated testing frameworks
- BSc/BA in Computer Science or relevant work experience.
What’s on Offer
Competitive pay – up to £50K + benefits
How to apply
You can apply for this role by dropping a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Regards, The Boom Team.